5-In-1 Apple Tree
|Mature Height||10-15 Feet|
|Mature Width||6-10 Feet|
|Shipping Restriction||CA, ID, OR, WA|
Our 5-in-1 Apple tree is a real treat! Can you beat 5 different types of apples on one tree?! This tree is small in stature and self pollinating so you’ll only need one tree and not a lot of space for plenty of fruit! Oh, and one more thing...our 5-in-1 Apple tree fruits in the very first year! It all sounds too good to be true, but our 5-in-1 apple tree is very real and very awesome!
We've chosen 5 unique apple varieties for this tree, and while we can't guarantee exactly what you'll get, we can promise you'll be rewarded with a delicious apple harvest. These apple types were chosen for their compatibility, productivity, taste, quality, and versatility. These varieties will provide the perfect apples for fresh taste, canning, cooking, baking, cider, and more!
- Quick gratification. The 5 in 1 apple tree is grafted so it is able to fruit in the very first year after planting.
- Variety. You get 5 different apples from one tree. This means an apple for everyone in the family and fruit great for fresh eating, storing, pies, applesauce, and more.
- Compact size. The tree grows 10 to 15 feet tall and about 10 feet wide. So it will easily fit in small yards.
- Self pollinating tree. Each cultivars’ fruit will be enhanced by the cross pollination of the other varieties. This creates better fruit and more abundant production.
- Grow your own fruit. When you grow your own fruit you not only save money, but you can grow healthy, organic, clean fruit. You don’t have to worry about nasty residues and pesticides like with store bought apples. Our 5 in 1 Apple tree is a neat tool for teaching kids about planting, growing, and harvesting food.
What is a 5 in 1 Apple Tree?
A combination of the most popular Apples available on one tree. The 5 in 1 Apple Tree will give you a choice of Golden Delicious, Granny Smith, Spartan, Lodi and McIntosh Apples all in one place. Sweet juices and an array of color from this tree make it an Apple lover favorite.
How To Prune This Apple Tree
Prune annually in late winter to spring and even summer if needed. Refrain from pruning in the Fall season to encourage new growth. Pruning low hanging branches of the tree is suggested and removing all the dead and broken branches for clean up will keep the tree productive, neat and healthy. Get rid of any diseased limbs that may cause additional issues down the line.
How Much Does This Apple Tree Grow In A Year
You can expect your Apple tree to grow 10-12" in height per year.
Spring and fall are ideal times to plant your 5 in 1 Apple tree. If you avoid extreme heat and supplement with extra water you can plant your fruit tree in summer. If the ground is not frozen you can plant your tree in winter.
Apple trees thrive in full sun and well drained soil.
Water deeply when planting and twice weekly for 2-3 months while your tree is establishing. For the first year, we recommend watering deeply once weekly in spring and summer and once monthly in fall in winter after the establishment period. After the first year you will only need to water during dry spells. Always water your apple tree at the base with a hose. Overhead watering encourages fungal infections.
Add a layer of 2 inches of mulch around your newly planted tree. Extend the mulch mound a few inches beyond the root zone. Do not allow the mulch to touch the trunk as this increases the chances of pests and disease.
Feed your apple tree a slow release fertilizer when planting and in spring.
Prune your apple tree in late winter to remove any dead, dying, or crowded branches.