Cassian Fountain Grass
Watch your Cold Hardy Dwarf Fountain Grass Sway in the Breeze!
- Velvety Pink tinted blooms soften your landscape from late summer through fall!
- Fabulous Fall color - Orange and Reds
- Great for mass plantings, lining walkways, and staggering throughout your landscape.
- Deer resistant and Drought, Black Walnut, and Salt tolerant
Looking for a pretty grass that doesn't get too big, has soft pink blooms, and is cold hardy?! Cassian Fountain Grass is a gorgeous choice and grows into a zone 5! If you love Pink Muhly Grass you are going to love this Dwarf Fountain Grass. Pink tinted plumes soften your landscape from late summer until winter. This grass is low maintenance, deer resistant, and drought, heat, salt, pollution and black walnut tolerant!
For those of you in zones too cold for Pink Muhly Grass, Cassian is a stunning alternative. This fountain grass grows to about 2 feet, 3 feet with the plumes so it is super easy to manage and isn't invasive. With a lovely, rounded silhouette, feminine pink bottlebrush blooms, and unique golden yellow to vivid orange to fiery red fall foliage the Cassian Dwarf Fountain Grass is just to die for!
Where Should I Plant This Fountain Grass?
Pick a spot that has full sun to part shade exposure in grow zones 5-9. This grass is perfect for lining walkways and border planting.
What Are Good Companion Plants For This Grass?
Daylilies, phlox, and sedum pair well with this ornamental grass in rock gardens or mixed beds.
How Far Apart Should I Space These Shurbs?
Plant 2-4 feet apart to accomodate a 2-4 foot spread at maturity. Plant closer together to have tighter knit plumes and create a thicker shrub.
Water deeply once or twice weekly for the first 3 months after planting to help the roots grow properly. After establishing Fountain Grass is drought tolerant and only rarely requires water. Water thoroughly in extreme heat, especially in the first summer. Fertilize with a slow release, balanced fertilizer in spring for optimal growth. Prune back this grass to the ground in late winter or early spring before new growth emerges for a clean start and a fresh looking plant.
Fountain Grass is extremely hardy as well as pest and disease resistant. It is also deer, rabbit, pollution, flood, black walnut, and salt tolerant.
- Line your walkways and create unique borders.
- The look and movement of this fountain grass when planted in mass is a dream!
- Stagger this attractive grass throughout your landscape to soften harsh angles and add superb color and texture.
- This grass is perfect for rock gardens or mixed beds.
- A thriller in containers!
Special Note: The blooms of Cassian Fountain Grass, known as plumes, are long lasting in fresh arrangements and perfect for adding interesting texture to dried arrangements.
Check another zone)
|Mature Height||2-3 Feet|
|Mature Width||2-3 Feet|