Italian Cypress Tree
|Mature Height||40-60 Feet|
|Mature Width||4-5 Feet|
Looking to add style, elegance and height to your property, but have limited space? The Italian Cypress Tree is the right choice for you!
The Italian Cypress grows tall and narrow. Its shape is compact, making it perfect for tight spaces. In fact, even though this evergreen tree has a mature height of up to 50 feet, the width is only 4 to 5 feet – making it one of the most popular columnar trees (view all columnar trees).
This tall, unique tree is sure to get noticed and add value and beauty to your property. The blue-green color of the Italian Cypress foliage is highly sought after in landscape design.
Growing up to 3 feet per year, this evergreen is certainly a fast-growing tree. You can control the height by pruning the top. They require little water, adapt to most soils, and are heat tolerant. Italian Cypress Trees are drought tolerant. Full to partial sun is ideal for them to thrive.
Increase your property value instantly.
Caring for The Italian Cypress
- The Italian Cypress likes to be on the dry side. Choose a sunny location (4 to 8 hours of sunlight daily) with well-drained soil.
- Plant in a hole that is just as deep but twice as wide as the root ball of the tree.
- Water well at the time of planting. Be sure not to let your new trees dry out within the first few months before they are established. We recommend watering your trees as soon as they arrive – even before you plant them. This will ensure that the roots are moist and ready for planting. Once established these evergreen trees are drought tolerant and will only need to be watered once or twice a month in summer.
- Winter is the ideal time to prune for shape, height, or to remove problem branches.
- Early Spring is the best time to fertilize and add any soil amendments.
Italian cypress are used by landscapers to add style and give your property a dramatic impact. A great choice when considering trees for sale. They are great to plant near the entrance of your home or driveway or even to line your driveway. They also make excellent screens and wind breaks!
Be sure to browse our Cypress Trees, Columnar Trees
and Cypress Shrubs for additional options.