Thuja Green Giant
Thuja Green Giant
The Fastest Growing Privacy Tree Available Today!
- One of the best trees for planting a privacy screen in your backyard.
- If you want privacy, this is the tree you're looking for.
- Enjoy a lush green thick privacy wall in no time with these trees.
- No more neighbors!
If you've been wondering how to get your hands on Thuja Green Giant, look no further! This premium tree is well-branched, lush, and ready to plant! We carry only the healthiest varieties that are inspected by our Horticulturists to ensure they're pest and disease free.
The Green Giant has quickly surpassed the Leyland Cypress to become the most popular privacy hedge in the United States. These evergreen trees are the first to consider when shopping privacy screen trees, and for good reason. Green Giant Thujas are incredibly fast-growing privacy trees. They can grow 3 to 6 feet in a single growing season. Now, that is some super fast privacy!
This privacy hedge tree is a highly attractive addition to your landscape. The deep green foliage of the Green Giant cascades down its branches into a feathery point. Plus, the foliage is soft to the touch, making it perfect for families with children and pets. It has lovely, naturally flowing branches that add character and appeal, while still maintaining the classic pyramidal shape you love.
With their increasing popularity, Green Giants are getting harder and harder to find. Buy your own Green Giant today and achieve a beautiful specimen tree or privacy hedge fast! You're going to love the look, low-maintenance, and fast growth rate of this popular privacy option. Order Green Giant Thuja trees today! You won't be disappointed.
How Far From A Fence Should This Tree Be Planted?
This fast growing tree will grow to be 10-15 feet wide so be sure to space atleast 10 feet from a fence line to prevent damage.
When Is The Best Time To Plant A Thuja Green Giant?
Plant your thuja hedge in spring before the hotter months giving it enough time to establish a healthy root system before the winter season.
How Long Does It Take Thuja To Grow?
This evergreen will grow up to 36" per year up to maturity height of 40-60 feet.
1. Planting: This is a large landscape tree and as such, requires a bit of planning before planting. First, measure the area where you would like to plant your hedge or row. You will need the length of the area of planting to estimate the number of trees you need.
When planting, dig a hole for each tree that is three times as wide as the root ball but just as deep. You don’t need to add anything to the planting hole. Place the tree, fill in around the tree with the same soil you took out when initially digging the hole. Finally, tamp down as you fill to cut back on any air pockets from forming, water the tree, then mulch to conserve moisture.
2. Watering: For the first two weeks, water your new tree every other day by holding a hose around it and counting to 20. If you don’t have a hose, 2 large watering cans full of water will do (smaller trees may only need a light soaking so a single can may suffice).
During the second two weeks, switch to watering every three days with the same method mentioned above. After the first month, water once a week unless it is dry and hot (no rain and temperatures above 80 degrees). If it is hot and dry, water twice a week. After the first six months, the trees will be established and won’t need any extra water. Your natural rainfall should be sufficient at this stage.
3. Fertilizing: For optimal growth feed your Thuja ‘Green Giant’ with a balance evergreen tree and shrub fertilizer starting in the spring.
4. Pruning: You won’t have to prune this tree if you are growing it with enough space for it to maintain its naturally graceful pyramid shape. If you’re growing several close together as a hedge, you can shear the plants yearly after the final frost.
Thuja Green Giant Privacy Screen
Thuja Green Giant trees can be spaced 5 to 10 feet to create a nice fast growing privacy screen. If you can be patient, giving these privacy trees a bit more space will save you money and allow the trees to grow larger. If you need faster privacy plant them closer, but never closer than 5 feet. An alternative option if you need instant privacy is the staggered landscape plan.
Staggered Landscape Plan for the Fastest Privacy
For instant privacy, pick out larger Thujas and stagger them in two rows. For the Thuja Green Giant, plan for about 4 to 8 feet between trees on the diagonal, measured from the trunk.
When you have two rows and the trees are staggered, this allows the trees more room to grow so they can stay healthier, while providing instant privacy.
Mix With Other Plants
Try mixing up Thuja Green Giants with Carolina Sapphire Cypress for some nice color contrast or Nellie Stevens Hollies for great texture contrast! Planning your privacy screen with more than one tree type can actually reduce pests and disease and help your trees stay healthier, even as they grow old.
Thuja Green Giants also make great specimen or focal trees. They have vibrant color, a nice shape, and soft, attractive foliage. If you have a large yard try a group of 3 Thuja Green Giants in a triangle in the corner of your yard for a great look. These fast growing evergreen trees also look great lining a driveway.