Blue Atlas Cedar
Blue Atlas Cedar
Stunning and Unique Evergreen Tree with Tons of Character
- Great tree for a focal point
- Distinct branching
- Great Color - Blue Green Foliage
- Phenomenal Year-Round Interest
|Soil Type||Well Drained|
|Mature Height||10-15 Feet|
|Mature Width||15-20 Feet|
The blue atlas cedar tree is an extremely unique tree that you want to have in your landscape! This pretty evergreen tree has distinct branching which makes it great for a focal point. It also has silver blue foliage and weeping branches.
This dwarf tree is a showpiece for the home landscape. It looks great in a mixed bed or in front of your home. It is ideal for a rock, cottage, Asian-inspired, or zen garden. Add some character to your landscape with the blue atlas cedar tree. You are sure to love this amazingly fabulous tree!Key Features:
- A unique tree that has a truly distinctive look. This tree is not likely to be in your neighbor’s yard. From the distinct branches to the unique blue color, this tree stands out!
- This tree has year-round interest. The blue atlas cedar tree is evergreen so the foliage and color remain all year long. With its silvery blue green foliage this tree offers great contrasting color to the traditional landscape.
- This tree is hardy and fairly easy to grow. It is pest and disease resistant and drought and pollution tolerant.
This tree is tough, but prefers to be protected from the wind in winter especially in growing zone 6. Wind and harsh temperatures can cause needle burn. Watering deeply prior to severe cold snaps can help with needle burn. This condition usually resolves on its own when the tree puts on new growth.
Plant this dwarf evergreen tree in spring or fall for best results. A full sun site is best for this tree, but it can tolerate some shade. This tree does not grow well in wet soil. Choose a spot with well-draining soil. While your tree is establishing it should be watered deeply about twice per week. After this tree is established it is drought tolerant and only requires water during periods of extreme drought. Use a slow release fertilizer when planting and in spring to feed this small tree.
Healthy blue atlas cedar trees rarely encounter any issues with pests or disease and are easy to grow.
This dramatic conifer is a wonderful specimen for the home landscape. It adds contrast, color, year-round appeal, and unique beauty. The blue atlas cedar tree is a perfect focal tree in Asian, cottage, zen, modern, and rock gardens. It also looks great in a mixed bed surrounded by just about anything! We like this tree paired with Japanese maples, flowering plants, and evergreen shrubs like junipers.
You May Also Like: