Philodendron Congo Rojo
|Adaptable, Well Drained
The Congo Rojo Philodendron is a stunning houseplant with great color. New leaves emerge ruby red. As they age the leaves turn a crimson green. The vibrant stems are red too. The shiny leaves are heart-shaped. This plant can grow to around 3 feet tall and wide at maturity. The red congo philodendron has an upright, shrubby habit, in contrast to most other philodendrons which have a vining nature.
The red congo philodendron will add awesome color and texture to your living space while cleaning the air! This phenomenal houseplant is extremely low maintenance. While it prefers bright indirect light, it can adapt to lower levels of light.
- Great color. The congo rojo philodendron has exciting contrasting greens and reds.
- Nice shape. This plant has large attractive leaves on upright stems.
- Cleans the air. Philodendrons are wonderful plants for filtering toxins and impurities out of the air.
- Self heading. The congo rojo philodendron grows more like elephant ears than traditional climbing philodendrons. This means there is no training needed. Just enjoy this plant as it is!
- Tropical plant. The stunning houseplant adds tropical appeal to your indoor living space!
We only have limited quantities in stock! Order your congo rojo philodendron before they’re gone!
This philodendron prefers bright, indirect light. It can, however, adapt to lower light conditions. Direct sunlight can burn the leaves so use caution when putting this plant outside or in front of a sunny window. If the light is uneven rotate your congo rojo philodendron every few weeks to ensure even growth.
Good quality organic planting mix is perfect for this plant. They enjoy well-draining soil.
The water requirements for this plant are low to moderate. Water it when the soil dries. Test the soil moisture by putting your finger down about 2 inches into the soil. If it is dry go ahead and water. If it is wet, hold off for a few more days. Watering thoroughly about once per week usually works well for the congo rojo philodendron.
Fertilize 2 to 3 times per year with a balanced slow release fertilizer.
This plant is fast growing and will need to be repotted every so often. When you notice the roots taking over the soil and/or the soil not holding water well it is time to repot. Choose a container with good drainage that is slightly larger than the existing pot.
Trim back any dead or dying leaves. This is a natural process, but feel free to prune anytime to keep your plant looking nice.
You May Also Like: