The Glowing Embers Hydrangea is a great addition to any landscape. It has large lacecap flowers that have a fiery deep pink to red color. This beautiful hydrangea will bring bold color to your yard as the blooming season is coming to a close for most plants. Add the showstopping Glowing Embers Hydrangea to your garden today!
- Compact size and shape. This hydrangea matures at about 3 to 5 feet tall and wide. It has a naturally rounded shape with a tendency to be slightly wider than it is tall.
- Pest and disease resistant. The Glowing Embers is an older variety, but is tried and true and rarely has issues with insects or infections.
- Shade lover. The Glowing Embers Hydrangea tolerates shade well and even flowers in fairly heavy shade.
- Long bloom period. This hydrangea flowers in summer and even into fall.
- Great vibrant color. This unique pink to red will stay consistent year after year.
Pro Tip: No need to adjust pH here! This unique hydrangea stays pink no matter the soil pH.
When planting your Glowing Embers hydrangea be sure you have the right location and conditions for your new plants to thrive. Spring and fall are ideal times to plant Hydrangeas. Avoid planting hydrangeas in the hottest part of summer.
This hydrangea enjoys part sun to shade and moist, well-drained, fertile soil. Keep the soil moist, but not saturated, especially in summer and in the first year after planting. Throughout its life hydrangeas will do best with a deep watering once weekly during hot temperatures. Mulching at about 2 inches deep is highly recommended for hydrangeas. Mulching will cut back on watering needs and protect your plant in extreme temperatures. Fertilize in spring with a slow release fertilizer for best results. You don’t need to prune hydrangeas, but pruning after they are done blooming can help encourage a bushier growth and renew an older plant.
The best way to prevent disease and pests is by providing the appropriate care for your plants. Proper location choice, watering, and fertilization are the keys to your success. The Glowing Embers tends to be pest and disease resistant.
Check another zone)
|Mature Height||4-5 Feet|
|Mature Width||4-5 Feet|