October Magic Rose Camellia
October Magic Rose Camellia
Upright, Columnar Camellia with Clusters of Petite Double Blooms
- Prolific Bloomer
- Salmon Pink Blooms in Fall
- Easy to Grow
- Deer and Disease Resistant
|Mature Height||5-6 Feet|
|Mature Width||3-4 Feet|
|Fall Color Red||Fall Color Red|
|Shipping Restriction||AZ, TN, TX|
The October Magic Rose Camellia is a fall blooming Camellia sasanqua that adds value, color, and beauty to the home landscape. Small, but lush pink flowers open in clusters throughout fall. This upright, dense evergreen flowering bush is great for a unique privacy hedge, group plantings, or as a focal in a mixed bed.
This Camellia bush is super easy to grow and no maintenance once established. The October Magic Rose Camellia can grow in full sun or part shade.
- Unique and elegant shape. This upright, almost columnar Camellia plant adds an exciting high-end look to your home. Plant this Camellia shrub on either side of your doorway or in containers for a chic and classy look.
- Fall bloomer. The October Magic Rose Camellia blooms throughout fall when not much else is flowering.
- Salmon pink double blooms. The fall blooms come in clusters and practically coat this pretty plant.
- Easy to grow. The October Magic Rose Camellia is drought tolerant and no maintenance after establishing. It is also deer and disease resistant and heat and salt tolerant. This adaptable camellia can grow in full sun or part shade.
- Year-round interest. Camellia bushes are evergreen so they have green foliage throughout the year and do not go dormant.
Pro Tip: The October Magic Rose Camellia makes an excellent windbreak or privacy screen. For a tight privacy hedge plant this camellia 2 to 3 feet apart on center.
Plant this Camellia sasanqua any time of the year taking care to avoid temperature extremes. October Magic Camellias grows in planting zones 7 to 9.
While the October Magic Camellia series will tolerate full sun, planting in part sun to part shade will offer the best blooms. Camellias enjoy fertile, acidic, moist, but well drained soil. When newly planted, water deeply at least twice weekly. Camellias prefer a moist soil, but water requirements do diminish as the plant ages and is able to shade its own roots. Mulching is a great way to keep the roots protected, soil moist, and add nutrients to the soil. Prune in late winter or early spring if needed to remove dead and dying branches or correct aesthetic or structural issues. Feed in spring with a balanced slow release fertilizer.
The October Magic Camellia series is disease and deer resistant, and heat, drought, and salt tolerant.
There are many different ways to incorporate the versatile October Magic Rose Camellia into your landscape. It can be used in a mixed bed, as a unique privacy hedge or group planting. Try this gorgeous evergreen bush in a container for a distinctive look with loads of style. Plant 2 to frame your entryway. At 6 to 8 feet tall and 3 to 4 feet wide at maturity this low maintenance plant is more columnar than traditional camellias offering a distinctive look. The October Magic Rose is a perfect focal plant in urban settings with small yards. But this exciting dwarf camellia shines anywhere! And they are sure to transform your landscape in fall to winter when nothing else is blooming! Plant 2 to 3 feet apart on center for a flowering privacy screen.