October Magic Ruby Camellia
|Soil Type||Acidic, Well Drained|
|Mature Height||5-6 Feet|
|Mature Width||3-4 Feet|
|Shipping Restriction||AZ, OR, TX|
The October Magic Ruby Camellia is a flowering plant that adds exciting color and beauty to your home. This fall bloomer has loads of lush ruby red flowers. This dwarf camellia only reaches 3 to 4 feet tall and 4 to 5 feet wide so it is perfect for foundation plantings and low hedges.
This October Magic Ruby Camellia is super easy to grow and low maintenance once established. This gorgeous camellia bush can grow in full sun to part shade.
- Compact dwarf camellia bush. This small camellia is nice in containers and small yards. The October Magic Ruby Camellia looks great as a foundation planting or hedge.
- Fall bloomer. The October Magic Ruby Camellia flowers in fall when not much else is blooming.
- Ruby red double blooms. This prolific bloomer produces full double flowers.
- Easy to grow. The October Magic Ruby Camellia is drought tolerant and low maintenance once established. It is also deer and disease resistant and heat and salt tolerant. This versatile camellia plant grows in part shade to full sun.
- Year-round interest. October Magic Ruby Camellias are evergreen; they have shiny olive green foliage all year long!
Pro Tip: Give this dwarf camellia bush a little break from the sun for the heaviest flowering. While October Magic Camellias tolerate full sun, a little break from the sun (part sun or part shade) or some extra water when planted in full sun can help you achieve the best and most blooms.
Plant your camellia any time of the year taking care to avoid temperature extremes. The October Magic series grows in planting zones 7 to 9.
While the October Magic series will tolerate full sun, planting in part sun to part shade will offer the best blooms. Camellias enjoy fertile, acidic, moist, but well drained soil. When newly planted, water deeply at least twice weekly. Camellias prefer a moist soil, but water requirements do diminish as the plant ages and is able to shade its own roots. Mulching is a great way to keep the roots cool, soil moist, reduce watering requirements and add nutrients to the soil. Prune in late winter or early spring if needed to remove dead and dying branches or correct aesthetic or structural issues
The October Magic Series is disease and deer resistant, and heat, drought, and salt tolerant.
There are many different ways to incorporate the versatile October Magic Ruby Camellia into your landscape. It can be used in a mixed border or hedge, foundation planting, or in mass or group plantings. Try this gorgeous evergreen bush in a pot for lovely look. At 3 to 4 feet tall and 4 to 5 feet wide at maturity this easy to grow Camellia sasanqua stays much more compact that tradition camellias. The October Magic Ruby Camellia is a perfect focal plant in urban settings with small yards. But this exciting dwarf camellia shines anywhere! And they are sure to transform your landscape in fall to winter when nothing else is blooming!