October Magic Snow Camellia
|Acidic, Well Drained
|AZ, OR, TX
The October Magic Snow Camellia is a total show off in the home landscape. This fall blooming Camellia sasanqua has large frilly blooms that are snow white with exciting glimpses of magenta on the petal margins.
New spring growth emerges copper adding more depth to this plant’s year-round display. This compact evergreen flowering bush is naturally mounded and excellent for a pretty privacy hedge, gorgeous group plantings, or as a fantastic focal in a mixed bed.
This Camellia bush is easy to grow and no maintenance once established. The versatile and stunning October Magic Snow Camellia can grow in full sun or part shade.
- Compact and mounded habit. The October Magic Snow Camellia has a naturally clean shape that doesn’t require pruning.
- Fall bloomer. The October Magic Snow Camellia blooms throughout fall when not much else is flowering.
- Huge, heavily petaled blooms. The fall blooms of this camellia bush are enormous, full, and frilly. These flowers are white with hints of magenta around the petal edges.
- Easy to grow. The October Magic Snow Camellia is drought tolerant and low maintenance after establishing. It is also deer and disease resistant and heat and salt tolerant. This adaptable camellia can grow in full sun or part shade.
- Year-round interest. Camellia bushes are evergreen so they do not go dormant and leave your landscape bare. The October Magic Snow Camellia offers loads of interest with exciting bicolor blooms and young leaves that emerge copper in color!
Pro Tip: The October Magic Snow Camellia makes an excellent flowering privacy hedge. For a tight privacy screen plant this camellia 4 to 5 feet apart on center.
Plant your camellia any time of the year taking care to avoid temperature extremes. The October Magic Camellia series grows in planting zones 7 to 9.
While the October Magic Camellia series will tolerate full sun, planting in part sun to part shade will offer the best blooms. Camellias enjoy fertile, acidic, moist, but well drained soil. When newly planted, water deeply at least twice weekly. Camellias prefer a moist soil, but water requirements do diminish as the plant ages and is able to shade its own roots. Mulching is a good way to keep the roots cool, soil moist, and add nutrients to the soil. Fertilize with a slow release fertilizer in spring. Prune in late winter or early spring if needed to remove dead and dying branches or correct aesthetic or structural issues
The October Magic Snow Camellia is heat, drought, and salt tolerant as well as disease and deer resistant.
The October Magic Snow Camellia is absolutely breathtaking in the home landscape. It can be used in mixed beds, hedges, privacy screens, or group plantings. Try this plant in a container for a distinctive look with loads of style. At 5 to 6 feet tall and wide at maturity these easy to grow camellias stay much more compact that most camellias. The October Magic Snow is a lovely focal plant in small yards and mixed beds. But these exciting camellias shine anywhere! They are sure to beautify your landscape in fall to winter when nothing else is flowering! Plant 4 to 5 feet apart for a nice privacy hedge.