The Purple Beauty Sempervivum is absolutely gorgeous. The evergreen rosettes are deep purple and green. The light pink midsummer blooms attract butterflies and other pollinators. The Purple Beauty Hens and Chicks succulent is a versatile groundcover plant that stays low to the ground and spreads outward as it grows. It looks amazing in rock gardens, shallow pots, and borders. This plant is great for erosion control and works well on slopes and hills that are hard to mow.
Hens and chicks are ideal plants for novice gardeners. They are super easy to grow and require absolutely no upkeep once they are established. The Sempervivum Purple Beauty stands up to deer, rabbits, drought, heat, cold, poor soil, and salt!
- Adds color and texture. This colorful succulent adds so much excitement to the home landscape with its unique look.
- Versatile. This small plant can grow in just about any sunny spot. It makes a nice border or mass planting. It grows well in shallow containers, rock gardens, and more.
- Easy to grow. This evergreen plant stands up to the elements. It grows in nutrient weak soil, cold climates, and hot and dry conditions.
- Easy to divide...and multiply your plants! Easily move pieces of this plant to different areas or containers.
Order your Purple Beauty Hens and Chicks today and brighten your landscape with fabulous color and texture.
Once established the Sempervivum ‘Purple Beauty’ requires no maintenance.
Plant this succulent in full sun for best growth and flowering.
Sempervivum plants grow well in sandy, rocky soil. It is an adaptable plant that can grow in just about any soil except wet soil. Potted plants should be grown in an organic planting mix that drains well.
Newly planted Purple Beauty plants should be watered deeply about twice per week for the first month or so in the ground. Once they are established they are very drought tolerant and won’t need to be watered unless they are grown in containers.
Fertilizer is not needed for these plants and can, in fact, harm them. Too much nitrogen can make them susceptible to rot and other diseases.
Once offshoots (chicks) have rooted they can be divided from the mother plant (hen) and planted elsewhere.
- Purple Beauty Sempervivum is an evergreen succulent plant that grows low to the ground with a spreading habit. This plant functions well as a groundcover.
- Use this purple hens and chicks plant in landscape edging and borders.
- Mix and match with other hens and chicks for a phenomenal look in mass plantings or mixed beds.
- Control erosion on slopes and hills with this purple succulent.
- The Purple Beauty looks gorgeous in containers and hanging baskets.