Sempervivum Red Beauty Succulent
|Soil Type||Adaptable, Well Drained|
|Mature Height||4-6 Inches|
|Mature Width||6-8 Inches|
The Red Beauty Sempervivum spreads outward by offsets (chicks) forming a mat of green rosettes with deep red tips. The pink summer flowers attract butterflies. It is a phenomenal groundcover or edging plant that is incredibly easy to grow. It can grow in borders, beds, shallow pots, gardens, and crevices of stone walls.
This xeriscape plant is extremely drought tolerant and low maintenance. It can grow in poor soils including rocky and sandy soil and tolerates salt, cold, and heat. The Red Beauty Hens and Chicks is deer and rabbit resistant. This succulent is commonly known as a houseleek.
- Add color and texture to containers. The Red Beauty Hens and Chicks provides contrasting colors and textures for mixed pots.
- Ground cover. This plant grows low to the ground and has a spreading habit. It is particularly good for controlling soil erosion on hillsides.
- Tough plant. Anyone can grow this plant. It is very hardy and requires no maintenance. It can even be used in xeriscaping and fire scaping.
- Grows more plants! The term hens and chicks speaks of the fruitful nature of this plant. The hen or mother plant shoots out chicks or offshoots that can be easily propagated by division.
Order this succulent for sale online today and have it delivered to your doorstep within days!
Fortunately, the Red Beauty Serpervivum is easy to grow. It is maintenance-free once the roots are established.
Plant hens and chicks in full or part sun. Full sun conditions will result in the fastest growth and best flowering.
The Red Beauty Sempervivum is adaptable. It can grow well in sandy, rocky, salty soils and more as long as they are well-drained. Organic planting mix is a great choice for potted succulents.
Water deeply once or twice per week for the first couple of months to help your plants establish properly.
Skip over these plants when you fertilize. They are sensitive to too much nitrogen so less is more for hens and chicks.
Divide your Red Beauty Hens and Chicks by cutting off the rooted offsets (chicks) from the main plant (hen).
- The Red Beauty Houseleek is an attractive succulent that adds low growing color and texture to the home landscape or containers.
- Plant in mass to control soil erosion on sloped areas.
- This evergreen plant is excellent for mixed containers. Low and wide pots provide the best home for these succulents.
- The Red Beauty is a nice addition to rock gardens and can even grow in the crevices and cracks of rocks.
- Pair this plant with Purple Beauty Sempervivum, Green Wheel Sempervivum, and Sunset Sempervivum for a beautiful display in a mixed bed, mass planting, or planter.
Shop all Succulents.