Shenandoah Switch Grass
Shenandoah Switch Grass
Outstanding Color in a Hardy, Native Grass!
- Pink-Red plumes soften your landscape from late summer though fall!
- Red Purple Fall Foliage
- Great for mass plantings, lining walkways, and staggering throughout your landscape.
- Deer resistant and Drought, Black Walnut, and Salt tolerant
|Mature Height||3-4 Feet|
|Mature Width||2-3 Feet|
Shenandoah Switchgrass is an upright grass with tons of red color! Red-pink plumes soften your landscape from mid-summer until winter. As the weather warms up the lovely green blades are kissed with red tips. This red takes over the blade in fall and deepens in color as the temperatures dip. This grass is low maintenance, deer resistant, and drought, heat, salt, pollution, and black walnut tolerant!
Special Note: Switchgrass is a North American native grass that is easy to grow and has a small ecological footprint. So much so that over $100 million has been invested into researching Switchgrass as a potential bio-fuel source!
How To Prune Shenandoah Switch Grass
Prune this grass to the ground in late winter or early spring before new growth emerges for a clean start and a fresh looking plant.
How Far Apart Should This Grass Be Planted?
Plant this grass 4 feet apart to accomodate a 2-4 foot spread.
How Often Should I Water My Switch Grass
Water deeply once or twice weekly for the first 3 months after planting to help the roots grow properly. After establishing, this ornamental grass is drought tolerant and only rarely requires water.
When planting your Shenandoah Switch Grass choose the best location for this plant to thrive. This grass grows best in full to part sun. This
Water deeply once or twice weekly for the first 3 months after planting to help the roots grow properly. After establishing Fountain Grass is drought tolerant and only rarely requires water. Water thoroughly in extreme heat, especially in the first summer. Fertilize with a slow-release, balanced fertilizer in spring for optimal growth. Prune back this grass to the ground in late winter or early spring before new growth emerges for a clean start and a fresh looking plant.
Shenandoah Switch Grass is extremely hardy as well as pest and disease resistant. It is also deer, rabbit, pollution, flood, black walnut, and salt tolerant.
- Create a unique and vibrant hedge with Shenandoah Switchgrass.
- The dreamy look of this colorful grass when planted in mass is beyond compare!
- Add color and texture while anchoring in the corners of your home with this native grass.
- Plant switchgrass in rock gardens or mixed beds for vivid color and clean contrast.
- The grass stuns in containers in front of your home.