Sempervivum Sunset Succulent
Sempervivum Sunset Succulent
Dwarf Hens And Chicks Succulent That Is Easy To Grow
- Green and red evergreen plant
- Erosion control
- Firewise and xeriscaping plant
- Create a beautiful border with this plant
|Soil Type||Well Drained|
|Mature Height||1-2 Inches|
|Mature Width||4-6 Inches|
This dwarf variety of sempervivum has great color and texture. The Sunset Hens and Chicks is ideal for a xeric landscape. The foliage is evergreen and grows in clusters. These pretty rosettes are green and red. The flowers that bloom in summer attract butterflies. This plant grows low to the ground and functions perfectly as a groundcover. At maturity, this plant only reaches about 2 inches tall and 4 to 6 inches wide. This succulent looks pretty in rock gardens and shallow containers.
The Sunset Sempervivum is incredibly easy to grow and low maintenance. It is salt, drought and heat tolerant, and cold hardy. This hens and chicks succulent is also rabbit and deer resistant. It spreads quickly by offshoots (chicks).
- Unique and gorgeous groundcover. The small rosettes look like unusual flowers. These plants create a mat-like foundation by spreading with offsets.
- Xeriscape plant. The Sunset Sempervivum is extremely drought tolerant. It thrives in hot and dry climates.
- Hardy plant. This plant is heat and cold hardy. It is also rabbit and deer resistant. It can handle various climates and conditions with ease.
- Great for containers. This small plant looks stunning in mixed containers. It offers color and texture contrast.
Our Hens and Chicks for sale are rooted in and ready to plant. Order your Sempervivum Sunset today before they are gone!
The Sunset Hens and Chicks plant is very easy to grow. It is a maintenance-free xeriscape plant that is firewise, drought tolerant, deer and rabbit resistant, cold hardy, and heat tolerant.
Full sunlight conditions are best for this plant.
Sempervivums are adaptable plants that can grow in any well-drained soil. Organic planting mix is a good choice for potted succulents.
Water new plants deeply about twice per week for 1 to 2 months. They are drought tolerant once their roots are established and won’t need to be watered.
Excess nitrogen is bad for these plants so we don’t recommend fertilizing them unless you use reduced rates.
These plants can be divided anytime. Simply cut out an offset with some roots attached and replant it.
- Sunset Sempervivum is an excellent ground cover plant that offers beauty, texture, and color.
- Mix and match with other sempervivum varieties in group plantings, borders, and mixed beds.
- Use the Sunset Hens and Chicks in mass plantings on hillsides and slopes. This evergreen plant controls soil erosion.
- Grow this pretty succulent in shallow containers or hanging baskets.
Check out all of our Ground Cover Plants.