The Sunjoy Citrus Barberry is a compact barberry bush with outstanding yellow color. This barberry's naturally rounded shape doesn't require pruning to maintain. The Citrus barberry is deer, disease, and burn resistant, non-invasive, and easy to grow.
This dwarf rounded barberry only grows 2 to 3 feet tall and wide so it's perfect for small yards. This barberry is very unique and faster growing substitute for boxwood bushes.
- Non-invasive. Sunjoy Barberries are sterile so the will not reseed and spread like other barberries.
- Deer Resistant. Barberries have thorns that keep away deer and other animals like rabbits that can severely damage your landscape.
- Low maintenance. Barberries are pest and disease resistant and drought tolerant once established.
- Burn resistant. Unlike many other yellow barberries the Citrus barberry's leaves will not burn in full sun.
- Color. Add lovely bright and contrasting color with the Sunjoy Citrus barberry!
- Shape. Enjoy a compact and round shape with this exciting new barberry.
Pro Tip: The Sunjoy Citrus Barberry is not only more sun tolerant than other varieties, it is also heat tolerant.
What Are Good Companion Plants For This Barberry?
Boxwoods are known to pair well with barberry to make attractive border shrubs and foundation plants.
Do Barberry Lose Their Leaves In the Winter?
Expect this shrub to lose foliage in the colder winter months.
How To Prune A Sunjoy Citrus Barberry
There is no need to prune this shrub. However, if you prefer a manicured look, prune in late winter before the new spring growth.
- Great sub for boxwoods
- A stand out foundation planting!
- Add to a mixed bed or garden for a unique and contrasting pop of color.
- For tons of color plant this barberry in mass!
- We love the Citrus barberry in containers - beautiful and fun!
Check another zone)
|Shipping Restriction||AZ, CA|
|Mature Height||2-3 Feet|
|Mature Width||2-3 Feet|