The Sunjoy Gold Pillar Barberry is a compact columnar barberry bush with outstanding color. New growth is vibrant red-orange and ages to a yellow gold. This barberry is deer, disease, and burn resistant, non-invasive, and easy to grow. This compact columnar barberry only grows 3 to 4 feet tall and 1.5 to 2 feet wide so it's perfect for small yards.
Add stunning vertical lines and vivid color with the Sunjoy Gold Pillar Barberry! Order yours today while they are still in stock!
- Non-invasive. Sunjoy Barberries are sterile so the will not reseed and spread like other barberries.
- Deer Resistant. Barberries have thorns that keep away deer and other animals like rabbits that can severely damage your landscape.
- Low maintenance. Barberries are pest and disease resistant and drought tolerant once established.
- Burn resistant. Unlike many other yellow barberries the Gold Pillar's leaves will not burn in full sun.
- Color. Add lovely bright and contrasting color with the Sunjoy Gold Pillar barberry!
- Shape. Enjoy a unique compact and columnar shape with this striking barberry.
Pro Tip: Barberries are great for creating boundaries or adding some security to your property. Thorns keep out intruders and unwanted pests.
How To Prune A Gold Pillar Barberry
There is no need to prune this shrub. However, if you prefer a manicured look, prune in winter.
Where Should I Plant This Shrub?
Plant this adaptable shrub in a spot that gets full sun to part shade exposure in grow zones 4-8.
When Should I Water The Sunjoy Gold Pillar Barberry?
Watering is generally only needed in periods of extreme drought. Applying 2 inches of mulch will help protect the roots in extreme temperatures and keep the soil moist.
- Create a colorful hedge no one else has!
- Add to a mixed bed or garden for a pop of unique color and height that doesn't require much room.
- Plant your barberries under windows for a fabulous foundation planting.
- For tons of color plant this barberry in mass!
- We love the Gold Pillar Barberry in containers - beautiful and fun!
Check another zone)
|Mature Height||3-4 Feet|
|Mature Width||1-2 Feet|