The Sunjoy Tangelo Barberry is a stunning bush with outstanding and colorful variegation. Orange leaves are highlighted with brilliant green margins. This barberry's naturally mounded shape doesn't require pruning to maintain. The Tangelo barberry is deer and disease resistant, non-invasive, and easy to grow.
This gorgeous barberry grows 3 to 4 feet tall and wide so it's perfect for foundation plantings under windows. This barberry is very unique and offers a cheerful and exciting color palette.
- Variegation. The bright variegated foliage is outstanding!
- Color. Add brilliant and exciting orange and green color with the Tangelo Citrus barberry!
- Non-invasive. Sunjoy Barberries are sterile so the will not reseed and spread like other barberries.
- Deer Resistant. Barberries have thorns that keep away deer and other animals like rabbits that can severely damage your landscape.
- Low maintenance. Barberries are pest and disease resistant and drought tolerant once established.
Pro Tip: The Tangelo Barberry is the perfect shrub for creating boundaries and adding security to your property. The discreet thorns keep out intruders and unwanted pests. It's gorgeous and useful!
How To Propagate A Sunjoy Tangelo
Remove a 6" cutting in spring after flowers have dropped. Prepare a pot with moistened planting medium and remove the lower half of the leaves on the cutting. Dip the cutting in rooting hormone and plant in the pot. Mist your new cutting and cover with a plastic cover to maintain moisture until the roots establish in the next 3 weeks.
Does This Barberry Have Thorns?
Yes, The discreet thorns keep out intruders and unwanted pests. It's gorgeous and useful!
What Are Good Companion Plants For This Hydrangea?
Daylily, boxwoods and switchgrass all pair well in a mixed bed or garden with this barberry.
- Colorful hardy sub for boxwoods
- A stand out foundation planting!
- Add to a mixed bed or garden for a unique and contrasting pop of color.
- For tons of color plant this barberry in mass!
- We love the Tangelo barberry in containers - beautiful, fun, and completely unique!
Check another zone)
|Mature Height||3-4 Feet|
|Mature Width||3-4 Feet|