Our Favorite Potted Plants for Full Sun
- Our potted fruit plants and herbs are excellent for high sunlight conditions. The Bonanza Peach Patio tree only grows to about 6 feet tall and wide at maturity. This dwarf peach tree produces full-size fruit.
- The petite Little Miss Figgy Fig Tree is the smallest fig tree available. It fits in the smallest yards and grows well in planters too.
- The Meyer Lemon is our favorite citrus tree for containers. The fragrant flowers, tasty fruit, and glossy evergreen leaves look great as a patio or indoor plant.
Rosemary looks and smells great in pots outdoors or in your kitchen. Check out our awesome topiary rosemary, Tuscan Rosemary Patio Tree.
- The Pink Icing Blueberry plant stays small and looks so pretty in containers with its unique pink foliage. This dwarf blueberry bush is recommended for USDA growing zones 5 to 10 planted in the ground or in 6, 7, 8, 9, and 10 when planted in pots.
- The Raspberry Shortcake is a thornless raspberry plant that only grows 2 to 3 feet tall and wide. It is great in containers on your sunny deck or patio and the fruit tastes amazing.
- The Dwarf Alberta Spruce is a small evergreen tree that is amazing in pots outside your front door. These trees are the perfect potted plants for winter with their year-round interest and a high tolerance for cold weather.
- Rose trees like the Yellow Sunblaze Miniature Rose Tree also look beautiful framing your entryway. These dwarf trees and the citronella plant are low maintenance outdoor potted plants. Potted
Plants for Shade
If you need potted plants that grow in shade, check out our Hosta and Heuchera collections. These plants grow in shade and grow well in container gardens. Boxwoods are beautiful in pots and they grow well in part shade. These plants are also evergreen. Lace Leaf Japanese Maples thrive in partial shade if you are looking for potted dwarf trees that are shade tolerant.
Potted Indoor Plants
We have a large selection of houseplants that are perfect for pots. Indoor plants clean the air that we breathe by filtering out toxins, pollutants, carcinogens, and, in some cases, even mold spores from the air. The Peace Lily, the Red Edged Dracaena, and the Philodendron Congo Rojo work the hardest to purify the air in your home.
Choose the Sansevieria Black Coral or Laurentii for medium to lower light conditions. The Majesty Palm and the Chinese Fan Palm add a tropical feel to your living space. The Fiddle Leaf Fig is incredibly popular and beautiful. This indoor potted plant will transform your room.