October Magic Orchid Camellia
|Mature Height||4-5 Feet|
|Mature Width||3-4 Feet|
|Shipping Restriction||AZ, OR, TX|
The October Magic Orchid Camellia is a compact evergreen bush that adds year-round color and beauty to your landscape. This fall bloomer is prolific. The blooms are white to blush with bubble gum pink margins.
This dwarf camellia only reaches 4-5 feet tall and 3-4 feet wide so it is perfect for foundation plantings and low hedges. It has a natural conical shape that looks great in containers with no pruning required!
This October Magic Orchid Camellia is easy to grow and low maintenance once established. This stunning bicolor camellia bush can grow in full sun to part shade.
- Dwarf camellia bush. The October Magic Orchid Camellia is ideal for containers and small yards. This small camellia looks lovely in a foundation planting or hedge.
- Fall bloomer. The October Magic Orchid Camellia flowers in fall when not much else is blooming.
- Bicolor semi-double blooms. This heavy blooming camellia bush produces white to blush flowers with deeper pink highlights.
- Low maintenance. The October Magic Orchid Camellia plant is drought tolerant once established. It is also deer and disease resistant and heat and salt tolerant. This adaptable camellia is easy to grow and great for beginners.
- Year-round interest. October Magic Orchid Camellias are evergreen. They have shiny green foliage all year long and blooms in fall to winter!
Pro Tip: Plant this dwarf camellia bush in part sun or part shade for the most prolific blooms. While the October Magic Orchid Camellia can grow well in full sun, a little break from the sun or some extra water when planted in full sun can help you get the most and the best blooms.
Plant your camellia any time of the year taking care to avoid temperature extremes. The October Magic Camellia series grows in planting zones 7 to 9.
While the October Magic Camellia series will tolerate full sun, planting in part sun to part shade will offer the best blooms. Camellias enjoy fertile, acidic, moist, but well drained soil. When newly planted, water deeply at least twice weekly. Camellias prefer a moist soil, but water requirements do diminish as the plant ages and is able to shade its own roots. Mulching is a good way to keep the roots cool, soil moist, and add nutrients to the soil. Fertilize with a slow release fertilizer in spring. Prune in late winter or early spring if needed to remove dead and dying branches or correct aesthetic or structural issues
The October Magic Orchid Camellia is heat, drought, and salt tolerant as well as disease and deer resistant.
There are many different ways to incorporate the versatile October Magic Orchid Camellia into your landscape. It can be used in a mixed border or hedge, foundation planting, or in mass or group plantings. Try this gorgeous evergreen bush in a container for a distinctive look with great style. At 4 to 5 feet tall and 3 to 4 feet wide at maturity this easy to grow camellia stays much more compact that tradition camellias. The October Magic Orchid Camellia is a perfect focal plant in urban settings with small yards. But this exciting dwarf camellia shines anywhere! And they are sure to transform your landscape in fall to winter when nothing else is blooming!